1. What inspired you to write in your genre?
To feel what it’s like to be young
again. That’s why we have so many adults reading YA books these days. To
remember what it was like to meet our first love, or first crush. Or to be the
underdog who saves the day. Writing YA keeps me young at heart.
Three for the Bloodborn Series
(Books 1 & 2 are already out) and three to four more in a new series I will
be working on after book 3 in the Bloodborn series is finished.
I knew early on that I wanted my
covers to match a scene from the books. But since I have an ancient computer,
and no clue how to use photo-shop, I sought out the help an amazing cover
artist.
That’s easy, Damen Kingston. He’s
nice to look at, funny as hell, has the voice of an angel, and let’s not
forget, a bad-ass vampire.
Oh, God yes! Too many to list, but
a couple of my ultimate favs is J.R. Ward and her Black Dagger Brotherhood
series, Darynda Jones and her Charlie Davidson - Grim Reaper series and of
course J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter series. I mean seriously? Who doesn’t
love her.
XFiles I have been a huge fan of
for years, but right now Supernatural and Penny Dreadful are my favs.
Self doubt. That little demon will
get me every time. When he creeps in I will stop writing and walk away for a
few days and refresh myself.
Australia. Steve Irwin is my hero, and
it’s always been a dream of mine to visit the Australia Zoo. I balled my eyes
out the day Steve past away. It was a very emotional day for me. He was a great
man.
Being a writer isn’t easy. Especially
when it comes to publishing houses. I tried traditional publishing first. They
can be brutal to a new inexperienced writer. I submitted my query letters, my 3
first chapters, and so on; that the publishers ask for. At first I received no
responses. Then the rejection letters starting rolling in. And when they say
you need a thick skin for this business, they’re not kidding. Some letters were
nice and even gave some advice. While others were downright mean. It was tough
to take. I started to doubt my writing and whether my story was even good. It
wasn’t until a friend read my book and loved it! So I looked into
self-publishing and never looked back.
Don’t trust ANYONE! Your book is your baby.
Do your research when it comes to editors, cover artists, and so on. There are
a lot of scammers out there that unfortunately, I fell victim to. Always
remember that you get what you pay for.


No comments:
Post a Comment