Thursday, 7 July 2016

Thirsty Thursday - BloodVault Extract

It's been a while since I've added an extract from any of my books, especially from my latest release, 'BloodVault', Bk 3 in my Dantonville Legacy Series. It's been eight months since its release and since then it has sat regularly in Amazon's Top 100 in Gothic Romance. 
Thank you to all my readers who made that happen. Because of you and your enthusiasm for Dantonville, my books are doing so well. 
At the moment I'm working on Bk 4, 'BloodWish,' and hope to release that in time for Christmas. So, in the meanwhile, curl up with a little something spooky and mysterious.
Enjoy.

* * * 

EXTRACT
     That's when I heard it -  a shrill keening, like a soul in torment. It made the hairs on my arms stand on end. It didn't seem to be coming from anywhere within the chateau. A night bird? I stuffed another mini-baguette into my mouth and padded to the window. Tree branches obscured most of my view, but there appeared to be a solitary figure, in white, standing on the boundary wall at the far end of the estate.
     Mesmerised, I watched. Was it a ghost, or some local nutter who liked to climb walls in the dead of night to wail at the half moon? I peered closer, but the wind whipped up the tree branches, and I lost sight of the figure. When the wind dropped, the figure was gone. Every nerve ending tingled. If vampires existed - I'd only learnt of their existence a couple of weeks ago - then why not ghosts? This chateau was hundreds of years old, maybe more. Who knows how many more people had died here in that time? Vampires weren't the only inhabitants.
     I continued to stare out the window. There it was again - arms upraised, the same high-pitched wailing. A chill shot through me, and I jumped back drawing the curtains together, tightly bunching the folds of fabric.

* * *
Want to read more? Here's where you can find it - Amazon (US) Amazon (AU) Amazon (CA) Amazon (UK)

Until next time, 
Happy Reading

No comments: