Friday, 20 March 2015

An Infinity Dreams Blogging Award from the Lovely Jane Hunt

I've been been tagged for the Infinity Dreams Blogging Award by my friend, the talented author, Jane Hunt, and author of the Dragon Legacy series.



Here are the rules:

1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you. Click on the link to read Jane's Infinity Dreams Award post

2. Share eleven facts about yourself



1. I was 6 years old when I decided to become an archaeologist.


2. When I was a girl I used to pretend the garden shed was my TARDIS. My second-great ambition was to become Dr Who's assistant. Decades later, I'm still waiting, lol! 



3. I have a double-jointed thumb on my right hand. Fun at parties and teasing my nieces with. 


4. I love living in Australia, but if I had to live elsewhere, I'd choose the south of France because of the wonderful Mediterranean climate and lots of lovely Roman ruins nearby.  
The Bridgeman Art Library/Getty Images 


5. I'm a south paw (left handed)


6. I can read and write Egyptian hieroglyphics. 


7. When I was on a dig in Israel, several Middle-Eastern men offered my male companion a price for me. He refused, of course, and took me to safety.


8. My family had our genealogy traced by the Nazis in 1939 when they occupied our country—the Czech Republic. Everyone had to report to the town hall and have their ancestries traced. We learnt my family had noble blood—we are a minor branch of the Hapsburg Dynasty who had ruled Europe for 800 years until the First World War brought about their demise.


9. I'm not keen on heights. And as far as I know, I'm the only person who took the lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower, in Paris, with my eyes shut. They were still shut when the doors opened at the top.


10. I love butterscotch and apple pie, and Czech potato pancakes (which are to die for!)
 



11. One of my hobbies is embroidery and making soft furnishings. It helps me relax. 


Answer the questions set for you by the nominator.


1. Do you believe in dreams?

No, not at all. I'm too pragmatic.


2. Why did you start blogging?

When I was told every author should have a blog so that fans have somewhere to find out about you.


3. Are you an extravert or an introvert?

A bit of both, I think.


4. Do you think authors make good bloggers?

Some do, and they're brilliant at it. I don't regard myself as a blogger, as I prefer to spend my time writing books instead. But I enjoy using my blog as a showcase for my writing, and to share with both my readers and other indie writers, my publishing journey. If it helps new authors, then my humble little blog has done its job.


5. Do you remember any of your dreams?

Very rarely. 


6. Are you interested in the meaning of dreams?

Not really. To me, dreams are just images in the subconscious.


7. Do you dream in colour?

From the occasional dream I do remember, it was in colour.


8. Do you find writing a lonely occupation?

Not at all—I spend too much time on Facebook, lol! When I can tear myself away from it, my characters keep me well occupied.


9. Are animals an important part of your life?

Unfortunately, I have allergies making keeping a pet impossible. 


10 Do you listen to music when you write?

Not very often as I find it distracting. Silence works best for me, for that way I can best hear my character's voices. They don't like competition.


11. Do you devise playlists for your books?

Only after I've completed the book. As I go through my chapters the music suggests itself to me and I find it fits the scene. One day I'll put one together for the first two books in my Dantonville Legacy series and save it on DVD.


Nominate 11 bloggers (if you can) for this award and set 11 questions (if you can think of that many) for them to answer.

1. Cate Russell-Cole

2. Lindsay J Pryor

3. Dionne Lister

4. Fiona Chapman

5. Sherry Ewing

6. Claudette Melanson

7. Debbie Johansson

8. Lorraine Carey

9. Jade Reyner 

My questions: 

(Since this actually takes such a long time to get through—and for the sake of everyone's sanity—I've decided to only ask 7 questions. You're welcome, ladies.


1. If you could have another profession what would it be?

2. Are there any authors who have influenced your writing? If so, who?


3. Do you have a particular dream?


4. If you could travel back in time, which era would you choose?


5. What's your favourite fashion era?


6. If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you choose? Even if it's mythical. 


7. List your dream foods.




6 comments:

Cate Russell-Cole said...

Tima, thank you! That's a lovely gesture and I appreciate it. :-)

Tima Maria said...

My pleasure, Cate. I'm looking forward to reading yours!

Diane said...

You were very brave, talking about yourself like that, Tima - thank you so much for sharing all those interesting bits and pieces which, of course, give a 'rounder' picture of who you actually are. Have a great day.

Tima Maria said...

Thanks Diane :-) They're not exactly things which would compromise my security, so I felt okay with sharing them.

Vivienne said...

/Ah I hate listening to music when I write too, glad I'm not the only one!

Also, how much did the Middle Eastern men offer for you? It's insulting, but still, interesting to know where you stand in the lady market...

Tima Maria said...

We're kindred spirits, Vivienne, lol! As for how much the men offered, I'm not really sure. My companion never told me. He'd been scared and was glad when we got back to our campsite. It's an experience I'd never like to repeat.