1. I was 6 years old when I decided to become an archaeologist.
2. When I was a girl I used to pretend the garden shed was my TARDIS. My second-great ambition was to become Dr Who's assistant. Decades later, I'm still waiting, lol!
3. I have a double-jointed thumb on my right hand. Fun at parties and teasing my nieces with.
4. I love living in Australia, but if I had to live elsewhere, I'd choose the south of France because of the wonderful Mediterranean climate and lots of lovely Roman ruins nearby.
The Bridgeman Art Library/Getty Images
5. I'm a south paw (left handed)
6. I can read and write Egyptian hieroglyphics.
7. When I was on a dig in Israel, several Middle-Eastern men offered my male companion a price for me. He refused, of course, and took me to safety.
8. My family had our genealogy traced by the Nazis in 1939 when they occupied our country—the Czech Republic. Everyone had to report to the town hall and have their ancestries traced. We learnt my family had noble blood—we are a minor branch of the Hapsburg Dynasty who had ruled Europe for 800 years until the First World War brought about their demise.
9. I'm not keen on heights. And as far as I know, I'm the only person who took the lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower, in Paris, with my eyes shut. They were still shut when the doors opened at the top.
10. I love butterscotch and apple pie, and Czech potato pancakes (which are to die for!)
11. One of my hobbies is embroidery and making soft furnishings. It helps me relax.
Answer the questions set for you by the nominator.
1. Do you believe in dreams?
No, not at all. I'm too pragmatic.
2. Why did you start blogging?
When I was told every author should have a blog so that fans have somewhere to find out about you.
3. Are you an extravert or an introvert?
A bit of both, I think.
4. Do you think authors make good bloggers?
Some do, and they're brilliant at it. I don't regard myself as a blogger, as I prefer to spend my time writing books instead. But I enjoy using my blog as a showcase for my writing, and to share with both my readers and other indie writers, my publishing journey. If it helps new authors, then my humble little blog has done its job.
5. Do you remember any of your dreams?
6. Are you interested in the meaning of dreams?
Not really. To me, dreams are just images in the subconscious.
7. Do you dream in colour?
From the occasional dream I do remember, it was in colour.
8. Do you find writing a lonely occupation?
Not at all—I spend too much time on Facebook, lol! When I can tear myself away from it, my characters keep me well occupied.
9. Are animals an important part of your life?
Unfortunately, I have allergies making keeping a pet impossible.
10 Do you listen to music when you write?
Not very often as I find it distracting. Silence works best for me, for that way I can best hear my character's voices. They don't like competition.
11. Do you devise playlists for your books?
Only after I've completed the book. As I go through my chapters the music suggests itself to me and I find it fits the scene. One day I'll put one together for the first two books in my Dantonville Legacy series and save it on DVD.
Nominate 11 bloggers (if you can) for this award and set 11 questions (if you can think of that many) for them to answer.