Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Bloodpledge - Full Cover Reveal

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but as every author knows, that's exactly what readers do. Who hasn't been drawn to an interesting or alluring image before reading the book description? I have. That's why I'm convinced of the importance of a high quality front and back cover, and one that reflects the story and/or the characters within the book.
So here's my complete cover for Bloodpledge, Book 2 of The Dantonville Legacy series.


It took a while to write a description that adequately summarises the story without giving it away, and in a series that's a challenge. I like to assume that readers will read book 1, Bloodgifted, before picking up Book 2, Bloodpledge. Yet I know that's not always the case.
I hope I succeeded.
By the end of the first week of June, it will be available for pre-order on the Smashwords site for Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. I'd love Amazon to have the same service for indie authors, but they don't. Maybe one day.
The official release date for Bloodpledge is June 30th, for both ebook and paperback.
And after that? Well, I've began work on Book 3, Blood Vault, which should be out early 2015.

No comments: