What writer doesn’t dream of having their book made into a movie? As soon as I began writing my gothic suspense Bloodgifted I went in search of my dream cast. From the beginning I decided on Australian actors—and maybe one American—as my story is set in Sydney, and although the supporting characters are originally Roman soldiers, they’ve been alive over eighteen hundred years and pick up the dialects around them. "Luc's Clan" has been living in Australia for over a hundred-and-fifty years, so you'd expect their accent to reflect that.
The lead characters—Laura and Judith—are Australian born, while Alec, our hot male hero, has a Scottish background. He and his father moved here when he was a boy.
So, who’s my cast? Let’s see:
1. Justin Melvey as Alec Munro. He's perfect as the dark-haired, Scots-Australian doctor turned vampire.
2. Teresa Palmer as Laura Dantonville - Laura has deep auburn hair and lavender eyes, and works as a primary school teacher.
Can't you just see them together? But I digress.
3. Chris Hemsworth as Luc - Lucien (Luc) Lebrettan, the patriarch of the Dantonville Clan and leader of the Brethren.
4. Rebecca Gibney as Judith - Laura's aunt, and for a woman nearing her centenary, she looks easily forty years younger as a result of her unique blood - a condition she shares with Laura.
As for Luc's men - here are the former Roman soldiers who are now the Ingenii's bodyguard.
5. Alex O'Loughlin as Jake - His long wavy brown hair, close-cropped beard and aquiline nose gives him an aristocratic appearance.
6. Taylor Kinney as Tribune Sextus Terentius (Terens) - His straight deep-auburn hair falls into his eyes when he dips his head in greeting, and a diamond stud blinks in one ear. Next to Alec, Laura reckons he's the sexiest man she'd ever seen. He stands 6ft.1in.
7. Jesse Spenser as Sempronius (Sam) - He has light brown hair, gentle lavender eyes and with looks a male model would envy. Like all of Luc's men, he carries a serpent tattoo on breast. Height: 6ft.1ins.
9. Sam Worthington as Matt Sommers - Laura's police detective boyfriend.
10. Ryan Kwanten as Jean-Philippe - A former French Napoleonic soldier and part of Luc's Clan.
My dream team. I placed pictures of these actors on the notice board above my desk so that when I'm writing I "see" my characters in front of me.
And finally, here's the house they all live in—a magnificent neo-gothic mansion in the exclusive suburb of Vaucluse, and the perfect place for a family of vampires!