Thursday, 16 January 2014

Awesome Blog Content Award


AWESOME BLOG CONTENT AWARD


My good friend and fellow gothic romance author, Lindsay J Pryor has nominated me for the Awesome Blog Content Award - which should be fun! So what does it entail? Here are the rules: post the logo (done), link back to he/she who nominated (yep), provide an A-Z guide to your soul (mmm… interesting) and then nominate forward (when you've finished).
I was told not to think too hard!

Well, here goes -

A is for Aussie writers, like me!

B is for books, the lifeblood of an author, and my passion.

C - is for Christian. My faith in Jesus, as my Lord and Saviour, is what sustains me.

D is for deadlines, or as Douglas Addams (author of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) famously said, "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly past!" 

E - is for enthusiastic about my Dantonville Legacy series.

F is for Fatima - my full name, although I never use it. (Never liked it, because Australians are notorious for shortening names. Anyone can guess what mine was. I blame my parents!)

G is for green, the colour of my eyes.

H is for History. I'm an Ancient Historian/Archaeologist and my speciality is Late Imperial Roman Britain.

I is for Italy, my favourite holiday destination. I've taken classes there to visit ancient sites like Pompeii and Herculaneum.

is for joy. I've been blessed with a joyful spirit and usually see the rainbow at the end of every dark cloud.

K is for klutz! I'm the clumsiest person I know.

L is for laughter. I love to laugh!

M is for my mum. She's been my greatest fan and supporter in whatever I've chosen to do.

N is for nuts - as in the edible variety! I love snacking on raw cashews, macadamias and pecans while writing.

O is for organised. I tend to plan every aspect of my writing, from plot lines and structure, to entire character genealogies and even languages.

P is for patience - not! I hate waiting for the books in any favourite series of mine, to be released. I want them all, NOW!

Q is for queasy. I've always suffered from motion sickness, and flying anywhere without my Travel Calm tablets becomes the trip from hell! I even avoid travelling on ferries.

R is for restless. I can't sit still for five minutes without fidgeting. A lot of the time, I work at my laptop standing up.

S - is for seafood. One of my favourite meals is spaghetti marinara.

T is for tea, of course! I love my Twinings Earl Grey, closely followed by Australian Afternoon tea. We are one of the few countries in the world for whom Twinings created a special blend. Aussies are special!

U is for unmarried. Currently I'm single, independent and enjoying it. (I have eight gorgeous nieces who visit often.)

V is for vivacious. It's always been part of my character.

W is for workaholic. I tend to stay on a task until it's done, even if it means staying up very late.

X - is for the xtraordinary friends I've made since joining the writer community.

Y is for yarn. I love knitting and other handicrafts, like cross-stitch and rug making. My living room wall is covered in framed cross-stitch pictures I've made.

Z is for zodiac. As the above characteristics show, I'm a typical capricorn. But then, who believes that nonsense anyway!

That's it! Now I nominate -

Dionne Lister

Debbie Johansson

Peita Byer

Have fun, ladies













5 comments:

lindsayjpryor said...

Yay! Thanks for joining in, Tima. I hope it was more fun than stress for you. :-)

Diane said...

My goodness! Just for thinking up the 26 alphabetically-connected comments you need some kind of medal. Hope it leads to many positive outcomes.

Tima Maria said...

It was fun, Linds! Taxing on the little grey cells - as Hercule Poirot would say - but I enjoyed it. Thanks for nominating me. :-)

Tima Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tima Maria said...

Lol! Yep, a challenge all right, Diane, but a fun one! Thank you for the well wishes. :-)