Monday, 30 December 2013

For the holidays I've decided to do something a little different and reblog one of my most popular posts - a facetious piece on Fifty Shades of Grey.
It was too good to resist!

* * *

I have succumbed!

Having told myself I had no intention of wasting my time reading the new super-hyped best seller, Fifty Shades of Grey, I have spent two days doing just that.
Why? Jeez, I don't know. I'm still biting my lower lip, wondering that myself. Perhaps, it was my insatiable curiosity as to what all the hype is about.
So, I rolled my eyes and downloaded a kindle version on my new super-tech Macbook.

Oh my, I was stunned by the literary skill of the author and the use of verbosity that would have challenged a seasoned thesaurian!

The emails exchanged by the couple had me peering ever more closely at the page. Not out of excitement at their intense interchange, but the font was so small I found myself reaching for the magnifying glass.
Was that a deliberate ploy by the author to test the eyesight of the reader, or some new and exciting literary technique?
Holy f@*# I guess we'll never know. But I have to admit, I enjoyed the characters' subject titles on their emails more than their actual content.

As for the heavy sex scenes, well... they just made me flush fifty shades of red! It certainly had me effected down there, so much so that I'll have to give myself a spanking as punishment! But, that'll be after I've learnt to expertly pilot a helicopter, glider and super sonic jet, played Chopin on the grand piano like a seasoned concert pianist and ended hunger in Africa!

Wow! That was just Book 1.
Should I or shouldn't I read Book 2 - Fifty Shades Darker? Jeez!
Laters baby.

No comments: