Monday, 5 August 2013

Summer Sunshine - In the Middle of Winter!

I've been blog tagged by the lovely and talented Lindsay J Pryor for the Summer Sun Award this week. Does it matter that I live in the southern hemisphere and it's the middle of winter? Nope!
So, this is how it goes -
I display the logo and link back to the blog of the person who nominated me. Then I answer the following summery questions before nominating other lucky bloggers. Then I must tell those lucky ones and name and display their blog link.

The questions…
Favourite song with summer in the title or the words (give the line)

A Summer Place, although strictly it's a movie theme. But, I've always loved the melody. It reminds me of sand dunes, beach-side bungalows and listening to waves crashing on the shore.


Favourite book about summer

Now this one took some thought, and drew me back to my teenage years! It has to be the Anne of Green Gables books. They're all set on sunny Prince Edward Island in Canada.


Favourite hot summer film

Donovan's Reef. It's become a summer ritual in my family. Every January, we watch that film while sipping on banana coconut smoothies!

Favourite summer memory

Spending summer holidays with my cousins in the Hunter Valley - fishing for yabbies in the river  and climbing trees.

Favourite summer holiday destination

The north coast of New South Wales. It's a place of inlets and hidden coves and some of the world's most beautiful beaches. Why would I want to go anywhere else?

What books will be in your suitcase this summer?

Well, Lindsay J Pryor's, Blood Torn, as well as Gena Showalter's latest release, The Darkest Craving.

What’s your likely destination this summer?

I only live seven minutes drive from the beach, on the Central Coast. It's also known as the Holiday Coast. No need to go anywhere else!

What hottie would you most like to be sharing the hot days and long nights with this summer?

Mmmm, decisions, decisions...  If I had my pick of hotties, top of the list would definitely have to be Chris Hemsworth. Yum! And, he's Aussie, too!

And it’s nomination time…

This is always the hard part as my list of blogger friends is still growing. But, here's who I'd love to nominate, and who are guaranteed to interest.

Dionne Lister

Clarissa Cartharn





  

No comments: