Thursday, 8 August 2013

Interview and New Release Date for Bloodgifted

I've just been interviewed by the incredibly talented, Lindsay J Pryor, author of the dystopian Blackthorn series, over on The Hot Pink Typewriter.
Thanks, Linds.
The interview was meant to coincide with the release date of my debut novel, Bloodgifted, the first of a series I've entitled, The Dantonville Legacy.
Unfortunately, my release date had to be extended as I found a typo on the back cover. Grrr! It's a pain in the proverbial butt, but (funny how two "buts/butts" can have totally different meanings?) I'd rather my book was released a few weeks later, than have such a glaring error - and in plain sight, too!
Call me a psycho perfectionist perhaps, but as a writer, I want to provide my reader with the best, possible product. That way they'll come back for more.

I should be receiving my proof-copy of Bloodgifted, in the post tomorrow, and right after pressing the "Approve" button at Createspace, the paperback will be available on Amazon within 5-7 days. The e-book will follow three weeks later.
So, there it is.
Publishing my first book has been an amazing experience as well as a steep learning curve. At least I'll know what NOT TO DO, with my next one.
Meanwhile, I'm 50,000 words into book 2 of the series -  Bloodpledge - and hope to have it completed by the end of October (if I stick to my goal of 1K/day).

A big thank you to all my family and friends who've patiently waited for this book to finally be out there. The end is nigh!

No comments: