Thursday, 11 April 2013

The Sunshine Award

Last week, I was thrilled to be tagged by my friend, Lindsay J Pryor, for 'The Sunshine Award'. A couple of months ago, she tagged me for 'The inspiring Bloggers Award'.
So, thanks again, Linds!
What is 'The Sunshine Award'? As you can see from the lovely flower above, it's a recognition from fellow bloggers to those, "who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.

Me? It's a surprise, indeed and I'm honoured.

Now, these are the rules:

1) Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post.

(2) Do the Q&A below.

(3) Pass on the award to 10 - 12 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.

Simple? Yes and no. I love answering the fun questions, but not all of my writer friends have blogs! So, I'll probably have less than the required 10-12.

Favourite Colour:  Blue

Favourite Animal: Dog, especially the 'Westie'. They're so cute, I can't help falling for them. One day I intend getting one.
I also love horses and swans - two of the most beautiful creatures to grace land and air. In Australia, our swans are black, not the traditional white as in the northern hemisphere.We're unique, here Down Under!

Favourite Number: Nine. It's always been a number I've considered magical, as it's on the border of something ending and something new, as in twenty-nine, thirty-nine...etc. You're on the cusp of a new and exciting era. No wonder JRR Tolkien created, The Nine Walkers, as opposed to the Nine Ring Wraiths in, The Lord of the Rings.
He knew!

Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Lemonade! There's nothing more refreshing like a cold glass of lemonade, with sprigs of mint, on a hot summer's day.


Facebook or Twitter: I've been on both for a while. Facebook is great to keep in contact with friends and family, while twitter is fun for posting comments and making new friends. I tend to do that a lot.

Your Passion:
Writing and archaeology. Since both take up the same space in my mind, I indulge them in my books.

Giving or getting presents:
Giving. I get a real thrill just standing back and watching the expressions on people's faces - especially kids - when they receive a gift. It's priceless!

Favourite Day:
When it's pouring with rain and miserable outside so I can stay in and write!

Favourite Flowers:
Jasmine in spring. The aroma is simply intoxicating! To me, there's no Spring without jasmine. Then when summer comes around, it has to be the heady gardenia.


Now, I'm going to pass the award to:

Dionne Lister

Diane Eklund-Abolins

Claudia Taylor


6 comments:

T. Drecker said...

Jasmine is beautiful! Usually, I'd agree with you on those rainy days (great for writing!), but this year, I'm dying to hit that yard at least once ;)

Tima Maria said...

Oh same! The weeds in my garden are taking over with all this rain. I need a few dry days to pull them up and mulch. Then, I can do some writing!

lindsayjpryor said...

Hi Tima! Thanks SO much for joining in and subjecting yourself to my tagging. It was fab to find out more about you. I totally agree with you on those rainy days - and in our line of work (the writing, not the teaching), there's no better atmosphere, I think. :-)

Tima Maria said...

Hi Linds, it was a pleasure to be involved and THANK YOU for asking me. Pity, those rainy days are so infrequent. I'd get so much more writing done.

Diane said...

Thank you so much for 'tagging' me, Tima. It was such a lovely surprise. I have been out in the wilds of south west Victoria for the past two weeks - my son and I did a 260+ km walk there - and I only got back to civilization on Tuesday evening. I had not heard about the Sunshine Award, but I will definitely put all the information on my blog and try to find a few people to tag. Hope everything goes smoothly for you with CS. All the best and, once again, thank you.

Tima Maria said...

My pleasure, Diane. The walk sounds fantastic. I've often wanted to do the Milford Sound walk in NZ. Maybe, one day. Have fun answering the questions - I did, and thanks for the good wishes regarding CS. I'm sending it tomorrow.