Lindsay J. Pryor. Big hug, Linds!
Here are the rules of The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Display the award logo on your blog.
Link back to the person who nominated you.
State 7 things about yourself.
Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) for this award and link to them.
So, here goes:
1. Before I decided to become a writer I was an archaeologist turned high-school teacher. I love teaching and enjoy the interaction with kids and young people, but Ancient History is a passion with me. Twice, I've taken classes on overseas excursions to Britain and Europe to visit well known historical and archaeological sites.
Now, coming from Australia, that's one long distance school excursion!
2. My love of history inspired me to write my soon-to-be-released book, Bloodgifted. As I'm a Roman-Britain specialist, I couldn't resist beginning my epic tale in mid 3rd century Britain, although the story itself is set in the present.
The final book in the series I'm writing - The Dantonville Legacy - will be set entirely in Roman Britain.
3. I've always wanted to visit Tintagel in Cornwall - the supposed site of King Arthur's birthplace. Of all the times I've been to Britain, I haven't yet managed to get there. It's a dream of mine. Ah well, one day!
4. I love dragons and have a collection of crystal, pewter and ceramic figurines on my bookshelf. Two of them are bookends I found beckoning to me from the tobacconists shop window at my local shopping centre. Maybe one day, I'll write a fantasy story about them.
Anyone who's interested in seeing a picture of them can wander over to my twitter page and check them out! @FatimaLacoba
5. On one archaeological site in Australia, I went with colleagues to the local watering hole - literally - to fill up our water cannisters. As the spring was lovely and cool, we lay on our stomachs, splashed our faces (it was an extremely hot day) and took a drink as well.
They later told me how brave I was to have taken a sip right next to a brown snake, who'd slithered out of the bush for a cool drink. For anyone who doesn't know, brown snakes are the one of the deadliest creatures in the country. Their venom can kill a grown man in 20 minutes.
My reply? What snake?!! I honestly hadn't seen it!
6. I'm a Christian. I was converted when I was twenty-two and it was the best day of my life, knowing my sins are all washed away by the blood of Christ. I'm imperfect, but He's all forgiving and I'm looking forward to meeting Him in Heaven. I have so many questions!
7. I've always hated my name - Fatima - and that's why I shorten it to, Tima. There are two reasons for that. The 1st is because when I was in school, kids always shortened my name to Faty, My friends, Janelle and Patrice were lucky to have theirs shortened to simply Jan and Pat. Me? I became Faty! I was on a constant diet to remain slim just so my name wasn't justified!
The 2nd reason is, I got sick of strangers asking me if I was Arabic or Egyptian or some other Middle Eastern place whenever I had to introduce myself.
No! My parents come from the Czech Republic (we're part Czech, part German) and I have fair skin, deep auburn hair and green eyes. I'm about as Middle Eastern as schnitzel, sauerkraut and apple strudel!
Well, that's it. Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me.
Here are the links to my other blogger friends who inspire me.