Monday, 17 December 2012

My Favourite Vampire Movies and TV Series

Recently my friend and fellow paranormal romance writer, Lindsay Pryor, posted a list of her all-time favourite vampire movies. I had such a fun time reminiscing and watching the video clips she provided on her blog, I decided to add a few of my own - ones which Lindsay hadn't included in her lineup.

So, here's my first one -  Moonlight, starring Alec O'Loughlin (be still my beating heart!) and Sarah Miles. He's a private investigator who just happens to be a vampire. She's an internet news reporter whom he saved as a baby and has been watching over ever since.
It was one of the best adaptations of the vampire myth and proved really popular. But then the series came to an end after Season One because of the writers strike in Hollywood at the time. Unfortunately, when that was resolved, the actors had been contracted elsewhere and so the series was never completed. It left a lot of questions unanswered and Moonlight fans (like me) moaned!

Check out the original trailer for the series. The actress who portrays Beth, was later replaced by Sarah Miles.


Here's another one. It's the Canadian production of one of my favourite authors - Tanya Huff. Her series of vampire books, Blood Lines, Blood Debt...etc was made into a TV series entitled, Blood Ties. It's set in Toronto and deals with two police detectives and their vampire partner, Henry Fitzroy, the illegitimate son of Henry VIII.
It's another great take on the vampire genre and involves a love triangle between detectives, Vicki Nelson, her partner Mike Celluci and the aristocratic Henry.
I went and bought the whole series as soon as it became available on DVD and play it on rainy days!
For those of you who've never seen it, here's a clip.


That's all for now. But, as soon as I find some of my other favourites, they're going right on here!

I'd love to know your suggestions. Have I left out one? Please, let me know, I'll check it out and maybe post it on here.
Happy viewing.



No comments: