Sunday, 25 November 2012

Publisher's Request

This is a quick and short update of recent events since attending GenreCon.

Three publishers now have my manuscript. The nice thing is, they were requests; I didn't need to send them off "willy nilly" as they say. But, it means I have to wait eight to twelve weeks for their response, and patience has never been one of my better qualities!

This coming Friday, though, Choclit is releasing the names of the finalists in their, "Search for an Aussie Star," competition and I'll know then whether mine's among them. But, the other fantastic news is, I've had a request for a full submission from another publisher. And unlike many others who can sometimes take up to three months to send their reply - if they ever do - this publisher promises to respond within three to four weeks, or even earlier.
I've seen the way they treat their authors and ever there was a publisher to whom I'd trust my "precious," it's them.

Am I excited? Understatement! Although, I'm doing my best to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. I know there's a chance it might all come to nothing. So, I'm keeping, fingers, toes, eyes... everything crossed and sending up my prayers for at least ONE of those to come through. Wouldn't that make the best Christmas present a budding, enthusiastic (I'm trying not to say, desperate!) writer could get?

As a result, I've decided to hold back on self-pubbing through CS for the moment and wait those four weeks. And even if nothing comes of it, I still have the option to proceed through CS just before Christmas.

So, there's the latest.

Am I making the right decision to delay? I certainly hope so.




6 comments:

Francene Carroll said...

Congratulations on the publisher's request. As a fellow Aussie (orginally from Newcastle) I'd love to read your paranomal romance set in Australia!

Tima Maria said...

Hi Francene,
I'm from the Central Coast, so we're practically neighbours!
Thank you for your kind words. I'll know in the next four weeks when my book will be available. If you like, I've got left the first three chapters here on my blog, or you can go to Goodreads- http://www.goodreads.com/TimaMariaLacoba - for a taste!

Diane said...

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Tima.

Tima Maria said...

Thanks, Diane, but I've since learnt my name was not among the finalists for the Choclit competition. They told me I missed out by a couple of points!
Oh well! I just have to wait now for responses from the other publishers.

Aimee Duffy said...

Yay! That's fab Tina. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! x

Tima Maria said...

Thanks Aimee, I have to be patient now and wait for them to get back to me. I was told 3-4 weeks. My fingers are crossed too, as well as my toes, eyes...